Gsfl junior age grOups
RETURN TO TRAINING UPDATE (20/5/20).
Dear Parent/Guardian and junior members of the Langhorne Creek Football Club.
Firstly, thank you from the committee and junior coaching group for your patience and understanding during these difficult times. We are all eager to see a return to football once again and cheer on our kids each Saturday morning. We have some good news! We have reached a point at which training is permitted to resume. As per the SANFL & Community Football ‘Level B’ guidelines, training sessions can resume under strict protocols. The purpose of this communication is to outline our (LCFC) framework for training sessions and to clearly identify the protocols that must be adhered to by all who will be attending our ground.
Our club training sessions will re-commence on Monday 25th May. In order to reduce the number of people onsite at any one time, we will be conducting training sessions each week night with our sides to train on a designated day/time (see below).
In order to undertake training under Level B guidelines, the following requirements are to occur:
- Participants to train in groups of no more than 10
- Strictly no physical contact between players
- Social distancing of 1.5m must be adhered to at all times
- No access to the clubrooms, changerooms or wet areas can occur
- Participants to bring their own drink bottles as no sharing of drink bottle can occur
- A limit of 1 parent / guardian per participant
- For the duration of training, parents/guardians must remain in their vehicle
- Each coach must keep a register of all participants in attendance at each training session
To ensure we (LCFC) are conducting training sessions in accordance with SANFL Level B protocols, the framework for training is as follows:
- Training participants are to arrive as close as possible to the start of training.
- Participants are to arrive at the ground dressed in training gear (access to changerooms is not permitted).
- Your child’s coach will be required to log the names of all who are in attendance at the training session (including parents/guardians plus a contact phone number).
- Prior to the commencement of training, each participant must use hand sanitiser that will be located in the coaches box.
- Training will be strictly non-contact, and therefore of a skills-based nature.
- Sharing of drink bottles is strictly prohibited.
- Upon completion of training, participants and their parent / guardian must leave the grounds promptly. The key principle for training under Level B restrictions is to ‘Get in, Train, Get Out’.
We fully appreciate that you may not feel comfortable with your child returning to training at this point in time and under Level B guidelines. What we want to do as a club is provide our players with the opportunity to get back on the park if they so wish. With that in mind we ask all parents to contact your respective coach to advise if your child will or will not be participating in the training sessions as outlined beginning Monday 25th. In order to assist with our preparations for a return to training, we ask that you contact your child’s coach no later than this Friday (22nd). If we (South Australia) all continue to perform well in the management of COVID-19, it is our hope that Level B protocols will only be temporary and we can a move to Level C guidelines (full contact training) in no time at all.
Langhorne Creek Football Club
Langhorne Creek Football Club